Monday, June 30, 2008

Camp Rock

I begin this review with a simple question: why? Why did they have to make this rotting piece garbage, why did they make it a musical, and why did this even happen?

Mitchie Torres is an aspiring, talented musician who wants to go to Camp Rock, a music camp. (obviously) Meanwhile, rock star Shane Gray is on a roll of bad behavior and is sent to Camp Rock as a counselor. Mitchie lies her way into a friendship with the "popular" girls, and I can honestly say without exaggeration it pains me to write more about it.

I get it. High School Musical goes off and makes a bazillion bucks, then Hannah Montana doubles that amount. So now Disney Channel decides to exploit the Jonas Brothers and make them into a TV movie to unleash upon the 10-year old girls. And yet I sit here, with my little sister watching this stuff, suffering all the way. And so I ask, why?! F

No comments: